- Volvo Penta is always discovering new ways to reduce noise and vibration. Their latest marine system is fuel-efficient, lighter and quieter with a propulsion system that is extremely durable.
- Another great feature of the Volvo Penta is their innovative cooling system. The engineers have created a completely closed freshwater system that protects the engine from corrosion.
- Volvo also has added a high-flow aluminum exhaust system that utilizes the latest catalyst technology. This ultimately optimizes the torque and power over different fuel grades resulting in low emissions.
- Volvo has surpassed other competition by using modern technology as well as hiring innovative workers that are continuously exploring new ways to benefit the consumer as well as the environment.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Whether you are in the market for a brand new boat or your current one just needs some fine tuning, there’s a very big factor you should consider in terms of parts and engines. Volvo Penta has become a leader in the boating world and for good reason. Here are a few reasons why Volvo Penta is the best marine engine from which to choose:
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Boating is an absolute thrill whether for taking leisurely trips or engaging in a sporting event. There is something so tranquil and exciting about being out on the water, soaking up the warmth from the sun and feeling the waves crash beneath the boat. Most people love being on the boat while others are fascinated by the complex motoring system that operates the water vehicle.
Here are 10 facts you might not have known about boating that could pique your interest:
1. The difference between a boat and ship is that a boat is ideal for rivers and inland waterways while a ship travels on seas and oceans.
2. The "scuttlebutt" refers to the cask on the boat that holds drinking water.
3. Boaters are generally happier with their marriages, relationships, friendships and are closer to their children.
4. Boaters are more likely to recycle, carpool and donate to environmental causes.
5. Approximately 18 million Americans own recreational boats.
6. The world's oldest surviving boat dates back to 7400 B.C. and it's only 10 feet long.
7. The most common injuries to anglers are sticking the hand with the hook or they occur when exiting the boat.
8. Steamboat Willie was the first Disney character with sound and released on November 18, 1928.
9. The Phoenicians were the first to use Boat sails around 2000 B.C.
10. The difference in the center of gravity makes a boat lean when turning, while a ship leans outward.
Looking for more unique facts about boating? Check out some of the cool links below!